Individuals are initiated into the Fraternity by a collegiate or alumni chapter.
The fraternity extends an open invitation to those colleges and universities with preparation programs for physical education, health, recreation, dance, human performance, exercise science, sports medicine, and sports management.
Existing collegiate and alumni chapters invite individuals to become members.
Petitions are available for new collegiate and alumni chapters through the headquarters.
Advantages of Membership in a Professional Fraternity
- Provides unique opportunities for working with peers.
- Offers social-cultural opportunities.
- Fosters lasting friendships and fraternal spirit.
- Provides opportunities for professional growth and leadership development.
- Develops a feeling or mutual interest and responsibility, both personally and professionally.
- Helps to instill a healthy professional spirit among the members and the other students in the department or school.
Want to Start a Chapter?
Outline for formal petition for a new chapter
Please provide the following items, which constitute the complete "petition."
- Name, current address, major course of study, extracurricular activities and class standing for each student member of the petitioning group.
- Name, current address, and faculty or staff position for each professional member of the petitioning group.
- A brief history of the university and the academic unit from which the petition is originating.
- A letter of recommendation from the chairperson of the department from which the petition is originating.
- A letter of agreement and support from the faculty or staff sponsor or co-sponsors.
- The completed petition and the signatures of each member of the petitioning group. Use the petition and signature links to open and print the needed forms.
- There is a $100 Charter Fee to be submitted with the Petition.
Phi Epsilon Kappa
239 Zink Hall
Indiana, PA 157O5